A delicious treat for the whole family!
NB. (1 cup = 2.5 dl)
150 gram butter
5 dl milk 50 gram fresh yeast (or 12 gram dry yeast) – fresh recommended!
1.5 dl sugar
Approx. 1.5 litre flour (~850 grams)
Optional: 1-2 tablespoons of grounded cardamom
Room tempered butter
How to make them:
- Melt butter in pot, pour milk and heat to lukewarm (for dry yeast, heat to approx. 50 degrees).
- Crumble the yeast in a household appliance or a large bowl. Add some of the milk/butter to the yeast to dissolve it.
- Add the sugar and the rest of the milk/butter (and cardamom if desired).
- Add the flour little by little until the dough becomes “unsticky”. Knead the dough for 5 min by machine or 10 min by hand.
- Leave to rise in room temperature for 30 min.
- Knead the dough (with a little bit more flour if needed) and divide into four parts.
- Roll one part fairly rectangular and about 5 mm thin.
- Butter the side of the rolled dough, sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top until the whole side is covered with both.
- Roll up the dough along the long side and cut it into ten pieces.
- Place on greased tray and leave to rise in room temperature for 40 min.
- Do the other three dough pieces in the same way.
- Set oven to 225 ᵒC.
- Bake the buns for 5-10 min (until golden underneath).
- Brush with milk while still hot. Let them cool under a cloth.