Granny’s Apple Cake, it was always Dad’s favourite. It’s nice and moist, and best served with cream or yoghurt. Whenever we had birthdays in our family we could pick the type of cake!
- 2 large cooking apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup flour (Granny had a breakfast cup, but Mum informs me it was larger than a measuring cup! So put a bit more in)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 4 oz butter
- ½ cup large raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts if desired
- Place in a large bowl sliced apples sprinkled with sugar
- Sift dry ingredients together over the apples
- Melt butter
- Beat egg
- Add raisins
- Mix well together, the mixture should be the moist when you put it in the oven.
- Bake at 180deg for 50-60 min
- Tin 10x8inches baking paper on the bottom
When cooked leave in tin until cool before turning out.